Some Snapchat users are finding that their emoji of 💕 pink hearts (two month streak) has been replaced by a 💛 yellow heart.
The definition on Emojipedia for Snapchat’s 💕 emoji is:
- 💕 You have been #1 BFs with each other for two months straight. Dedication!
That is – you get the two pink hearts after being BFs for two months. What some users have found as of October 2019 is that this is showing a 💛 yellow heart instead.
As of October 7, 2019 this appears to be a bug. On Twitter, Snapchat Support has been advising users that this issue is being looked into. Hopefully no emojis are lost and the correct emoji is restored soon.
Snapchat allows you to change which emojis show next to friends instead of the defaults. Here’s how to find the Snapchat Friend List Emojis page in 2018.
- Open Snapchat
- Tap the Profile icon in the top-left corner
- Tap the settings (gear) icon in the top-right corner
- Scroll down and tap the word “Manage” underneath “Additional Services”
- Tap “Friend Emojis”
- On this screen you can now change which emojis show for the various friend statuses.
When a Snapstreak disappears there are different reasons for this happening. Here is one way to get a Snapstreak back if it has been taken from you incorrectly.
How do I lose a Snapstreak?
A Snapstreak shows the number of days in a row that you and a friend snapped each other. You can’t go for more than 24 hours without sending a snap, or the streak will be lost.
How do I get a Snapstreak back?
If you just forgot to snap a friend for over 24 hours there isn’t anything you can do to get the streak back, other than to start a new streak.
But if there was a bug in Snapchat that caused you to lose the streak, there is a way to fix this! Here’s how to get an incorrectly removed Snapstreak back:
1. Go to this page on Snapchat’s website
2. Choose “My Snapstreaks disappeared” from the list
3. A message appears explaining about Snapstreaks. It includes pointers like this:
Snaps sent with Memories or Spectacles content to other Snapchatters do not count towards your Snapstreaks. Also, Snaps sent to a group don’t count for Snapstreaks you have with individual Snapchatters! 😏
Skip all this text and choose “YES” where it asks if you still need help.
4. After choosing yes, a form appears. Complete the answers to the questions. These will ask for your name, phone number, type of phone, and which friend you lost your Snapstreak with.
5. Remember to include as many details as you can. If you remember dates and times you last sent snaps with this friend, that will help.
Once you have completed for the form, choose “Send” and wait for Snapchat to get back to you. Good luck! 🤞
When looking at the list of Snapchat friend emoji meanings, the emoji of 💕 two pink hearts usually means that you have been best friends with that person for two months. Not any more.
Recently, the 2 month BFF emoji has gone missing. This started happening on May 24 (2018) when users started noticing that friends they shared this emoji with no longer shows the emoji next to their names.
Other users are reporting their #1 besties emoji – the 💛 yellow heart – is also missing.
The good news? Snapchat has noted that they are aware of this problem and working on on a fix for it.
Update: May 25, 2018: Snapchat has fixed this issue.
How to get the besties emoji back on Snapchat
If you have kept your best friends status with someone for two months, the hearts should return when Snapchat fixes the problem.
What do the friend emojis mean on Snapchat?